Amazon fulfillment center in Orlando, which will create 1,500 new full-time jobs with benefits.
The 850,000-plus square-foot facility is scheduled to open Summer 2018. Amazon pledged to create over 100,000 full-time U.S. jobs, mostly in fulfillment centers. This year, it’s already announced 14 new fulfillment centers around the country, three of which are in Florida, representing 14,000 new jobs in total. Plateau Excavation, Inc. has performed the sitework, utilities & paving for the three Amazon sites in Florida and a total of 11 sites in the Southeast.
Major Key Elements are as follows:
- 124 acre site
- over 700,000 cubic yards of material moved
- over 600,000 square feet of sod installed
- over 30,000 lineal feet of storm
- water and sewer piping
- over 80,000 tons of stone placed
- 80,000 square feet of sidewalk
- 92,000 lineal feet of curb
- 100,000 square yards of asphalt